A very hearty and delicious savory muffin. Good with Mexican dishes. Also great with a salad for a light meal, and nice with a slice of cheese too.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup frozen corn niblets
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Melt honey and butter together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs. Stir in milk. Add to flour mixture along with honey-butter and stir to moisten. Fold in corn, red pepper and cheese.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes.