A decadent dessert for two in just a few minutes.
Grain-free Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Pressure cooker
- 3 tbsp butter (dairy free if required)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg large
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Place butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish. Melt in microwave on medium power for 1 minute. Check and stir after 30 seconds. If it is melted, remove from the microwave and set aside and let cool. If required, continue microwaving, checking and stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk egg and egg yolk. Whisk in vanilla, dry ingredients and cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spray 2 (1 cup) ramekins with non-stick spray. Divide batter between ramekins.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot liner. Place ramekins on trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Close the Instant Pot and pressure cook on high for 9 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps that it is done, carefully turn the pressure release valve to Venting to quick release the pressure.
- Allow lava cakes to cool for a minute in the ramekins. Run a knife around the edges and invert over serving plate or bowl to invert the cake out.
- Serve immediately. Top with whipped cream, ice cream and fresh fruit if desired.