When you have overripe bananas, what do you do but make banana muffins! This recipe is grain free and refined sugar free. It can also be dairy free if you use dairy free chocolate chips, or make them without chocolate chips. You can make them plain – without either the walnuts or chocolate chips, or both.
Grain-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Food processor
- 224 g almond flour (approx 2 cups)
- 128 g tapioca flour (approx 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp hydrolyzed collagen (optional)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large bananas or 3 small (overripe)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy free if required)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan, or line cups with paper liners.
- Weigh out almond and tapioca flours into a bowl. Add collagen, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Whisk to blend. Set aside.
- In bowl of food processor, add bananas, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Process until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and blend again until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly between muffin pan cups. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until tops spring back when touched. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, then remove from pan.