This makes a large quantity. I make them and then freeze in serving size portions.
Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- 4 cups dry Navy Beans
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 cup fancy molasses
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Soak beans according to package directions. Depending on the time you have available, use either the regular method (soak beans overnight) or the quick method (boil for a minute or two and let sit for an hour or two).
- Drain beans and place in slow cooker. Add onion and bacon.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over beans. Add more water if required to cover beans. Stir to blend.
- Cook on low heat for 8-9 hours until beans are soft. Stir occasionally if possible.