A family favorite, and a must-have with lasagna. I sometimes warm the bread in the microwave instead of toasting under the broiler – place the buttered slices in a bread basket, cover with paper towel and microwave on medium for 2 – 3 minutes until warmed. If I don’t need a whole loaf, I mix up as much butter, cheese and seasonings as I think I need and use it to top halved Italian rolls.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf unsliced Italian bread
- Combine butter and garlic in a small microwave dish. Microwave on high for 1 - 2 minutes, until butter is barely melted.
- Remove from microwave and stir in Italian seasoning, paprika and Parmesan cheese.
- Slice bread into thick diagonal slices. Place slices on a large baking sheet. Spread top of each slice with garlic butter.
- Place in oven, about 4 inches from the broiler. Heat on broil for 2 - 3 minutes, until lightly toasted. Serve immediately.