I had some leftover cranberry mincemeat, from a local cranberry farm, that I wanted to use up, so I decided to make these muffins. If you are not lucky enough to have cranberry mincemeat, you can use regular mincemeat.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mincemeat
- 1/4 cup canola oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, ground flax seed, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat egg. Stir in mincemeat, oil and apple juice
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in liquid ingredients. Stir just enough to combine.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin tins, and bake at 400 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 large muffins.