These are really good, the tangy orange flavored batter goes really well with the rhubarb. I freeze rhubarb, finely chopped so I can make these in the winter, and have a taste of spring in no time at all.
Rhubarb Pecan Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pecans.
- In another bowl beat egg, stir in butter and orange juice.
- Make well in the dry ingredients, add the egg mixture all at once and stir until just combined. Stir in the rhubarb.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes.