Apples make a nice addition to these oatmeal muffins – they are moist and tasty. You can also add some raisins and/or walnuts to these.
Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter melted, or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups apple peeled and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Add to dry mixture and mix only enough to combine.
- Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.