Apples make a nice addition to these oatmeal muffins – they are moist and tasty. You can also add some raisins and/or walnuts to these.
Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter melted, or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups apple peeled and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Add to dry mixture and mix only enough to combine.
- Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Love this recipe, found it initially years ago and printed it, but it go lost. Tried to find it online again with no luck until now. All others weren’t quite as good. I can’t wait to make it again! I’m going to try more recipes now too.