For a shortcut to home baked beans – just fancy up a can of plain old pork and beans.
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can 28 oz. baked beans with pork
- 1/4 cup ketchup or barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 small apple peeled, cored and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large frying pan cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp. Drain off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Makes 6 to 8 servings.