These beans went over very well at my wedding rehearsal dinner.
Apple Baked Beans
- 12 slices bacon diced
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- 3 28 oz. cans baked beans
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Brown bacon and remove from pan. Add onions and red pepper to pan and cook until softened. Drain bacon grease
- Mix all ingredients together in slow cooker. Cut up apple chunks from the pie filling into smaller pieces.
- Heat on low setting for about 4 hours, until heated through.