A British favorite to serve with roast beef, and one of my Grandma’s specialties. She finally took pity on my Mom and I and gave us this recipe – although mine has still never turned out as good as Grandma’s!
- About 1/2 cup beef drippings
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 or 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Divide beef drippings between 8 muffin cups. Put in oven to heat. (You can use oil in place of drippings if you are making these without a roast - about 1 teaspoon per muffin cup).
- Mix flour and salt. Add milk gradually to prevent lumping.
- Beat eggs well and add to batter.
- Remove muffin pan from the oven. Divide batter between muffin cups.
- Place pan back in oven. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F. and bake until puffy and golden.