I’ve made these muffins for a long time – they’re very good. When the bananas get too ripe to eat, then it’s time to make these muffins – you’ll be glad you did!
Crunchy Banana Muffins
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 2 large or 3 small
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixer bowl add banana, brown sugar and butter. Beat until smooth and light. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, and milk. Mix lightly, just enough to moisten.
- Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon together, and sprinkle over top of muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.