The Instant Pot makes rice pudding so easy! No need to stir and stand over the stove, just dump a few simple ingredients in your pot and walk away. Come back a few minutes later, and voila, a yummy dessert! I use my 3 quart pot for this, but you could also make it in a 6 quart pot. Not gonna lie, my husband and I eat this whole thing! But as a “regular” dessert, it could serve 4 people. We like it topped with cinnamon.
Instant Pot Dairy Free Rice Pudding
- Pressure cooker
- 1 Cup coconut milk canned
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup Arborio rice unrinsed
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients except for vanilla to the Instant Pot. Seal the pot and set to pressure cook for 6 minutes at high pressure.
- When the pot beeps that it is done, leave for 15 minutes natural release.
- After 15 minutes, turn the pressure valve to venting if required to release any remaining pressure, and open the lid.
- Stir in the vanilla. The pudding will appear runny, but it will thicken up as it cools. Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.