Graham wafer crumbs are the secret ingredient in this recipe, which makes a nice rich bran muffin.
Graham Bran Muffins
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted, or canola oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix bran, graham wafer crumbs, flour, brown sugar, wheat germ, soda and salt. Add raisins if using.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg, add the melted butter, molasses, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Pour liquids over the dry ingredients. Mix lightly, just enough to moisten.
- Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes.