I really like these made with fresh strawberries, but you can also make them with frozen unsweetened strawberries – thaw and drain them before use.
Cornmeal Strawberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl beat eggs, stir in milk, butter and strawberries.
- Make well in the dry ingredients, add the egg mixture all at once and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 minutes.