A different, savoury, muffin recipe. These are great in place of bread or rolls with a meal like a stew, or with a salad or soup. You can leave out the parsley or chives if you want.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can 10 oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or chives or 2 teaspoons dried
- In a medium bowl, beat egg. Add melted butter, milk, and soup. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, and parsley or chives.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just to combine.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups with batter, and bake at 425 degrees F. for 20 minutes.