I make these around Halloween and Thanksgiving, when a pumpkin theme is called for. I buy a large can of pumpkin to make a pumpkin pie so I will have an excuse to make these muffins, but they are so good you can make them without an excuse.
Spiced Pumpkin Muffins
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree homemade or canned
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream butter with brown sugar. Beat in eggs, then pumpkin puree and milk.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, cocoa, spices, salt and baking soda. Add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.