This recipe was sent to me by Julia S. of Chicago, Il. who works with Marie Callender’s Meals. She says this casserole is the easiest thing to make and great for moms on-the-go because it’s quick and can satisfy the pickiest of eaters – her family loves it. Unfortunately, we do not have the Marie Callender’s brand here in Canada, but if you have it where you live, you might want to give this easy meal a try.
Easy Rice Casserole
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 can 14.75 oz Marie Callender's® Chicken Pot Pie Style Soup
- 1 cup reduced fat 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups instant white rice uncooked
- 1 can 14.5 oz cut green beans, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 10 round buttery-flavored crackers crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir together soup, milk and egg in medium bowl. Add rice, green beans and cheese; mix until rice is coated completely.
- Place rice mixture in dish. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle crackers over top; bake 5 minutes more or until liquid is absorbed.