A tasty and inexpensive meal to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand. I wanted a change from noodle casseroles so I made this with brown rice.
Tuna and Rice Casserole
- 1 1/3 cups brown rice cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cans 184 g each tuna
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Place celery, onion, red pepper and garlic in a microwave dish and microwave for 4 to 5 minutes on high (until vegetables are soft).
- Mix soup, mayonnaise and milk together. Add cooked rice, tuna and vegetables. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a casserole dish and sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes, until heated through.