Mom gave me this muffin recipe. Someone made them for her and she liked them so much that she got the recipe.
Orange Pecan Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
- 1/4 cup melted butter or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Stir in yogurt, orange juice concentrate, melted butter, and orange rind. Add to dry ingredients all at once, and stir until just moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.