This is an old recipe from “back home”, for a super easy casserole. The few simple pantry ingredients add up to a tasty meal. Nowadays, most people do not buy whole fryer chickens and cut them up, but you can use about 2 – 3 pounds of chicken parts instead of a whole cut up chicken.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 fryer chicken cut up
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 can 10 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can water
- 1 can sliced mushrooms drained
- Salt and pepper
- Place rice in a large greased flat casserole dish. Arrange chicken pieces on top.
- In a saucepan mix onion soup mix, chicken soup, water and mushrooms. Heat, and pour over chicken.
- Top with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Remove lid for the last 15 minutes to brown. Makes 6 servings.