Macadamia nuts are expensive (at least they are here in Canada – if you are reading this in Hawaii you can make these every day) but these muffins are worth it! Try them for a special brunch or coffee party.
Chocolate Macadamia Nut Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, or bowl of food processor mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup of the nuts.
- In a small bowl mix the egg, milk and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with remaining nuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes.