Unlike most muffins, these don’t have any redeeming nutritional value, but they are delicious, so I can’t resist making them anyways!
Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted, or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl mix the egg, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture over the dry ingredients, and mix lightly, just enough to moisten.
- Set aside about 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips, and mix the rest into the batter.
- Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Sprinkle reserved white chocolate chips over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.