A very easy and attractive dish to make for company, very special to take for a potluck dinner, too. It has a really nice mellow taste.
Shrimp Creole Casserole
- 1 pound large cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can 10 oz. tomato soup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Place shrimp in a large bowl. Add lemon juice and olive oil and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Put onion and green pepper in a small dish and microwave on high for about 4 minutes, until softened. (You can saute them in butter on the stove instead.)
- Add cooked rice and onions and green peppers to the shrimp.
- Add seasonings, soup, cream and sherry to the shrimp mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon into a 2 quart casserole. Top with almonds and paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F. for 70 minutes. Makes 6 servings.