A Canadian slow cooker version of a Cajun classic.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow or green pepper, diced
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in bite size chunks
- 1 pound kielbasa or other smoked sausage cubed
- 2 cans 19 oz each tomatoes
- 1 can 5 1/2 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp
- Combine all ingredients except for shrimp in 5 quart (or larger) slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in shrimp during the last 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Serve with rice.