Easy to make in the slow cooker, but fancy enough to serve to guests.
Mediterranian Chicken Casserole
- 4 strips bacon chopped
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 2 cups baby carrots 12oz/340 g package
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain and add to slow cooker.
- Add chicken, carrots, onion, garlic, red pepper and olives to slow cooker.
- Combine flour, wine, chicken stock, mustard, thyme and pepper and add to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours