This is one of my favorite meal in a hurry recipes. I also make it with scallops or tuna steak instead of chicken. I like it served over a bed of couscous, but it would be good with rice too.
- 2 oranges
- 4 chicken breasts skinned and boned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 green onions sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- Grate the peel of one orange. Peel and cut the oranges into sections. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan and drain any oil from the pan.
- Add juice, peel and salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes until chicken is tender. Add frozen peas to the pan during the last 2 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and stir into the pan. Add the reserved orange sections and the green onions. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes until the sauce is thickened and the orange sections are heated. Makes 4 servings.