This makes a yummy sweet and sour sauce. I like it served with rice.
Devilled Swiss Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 can 14 oz. tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Mix dry mustard and flour together. Pound into both sides of the steak. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the meat on both sides. Transfer to a small roaster or a casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining ingredients over top. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 and 1/2 hours. Makes 4 servings.