A nice mellow pasta casserole, really tasty!
Beefy Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cans 15 oz. each tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives sliced
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cubed process cheese e.g. Velveeta
- In a large skillet, brown beef. Add onion and saute until tender. Drain fat. Add tomato sauce, water, oregano, salt, and olives. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- In a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish, layer half of the macaroni. Top with half of the meat sauce, and half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 to 30 minutes. Makes 6 servings.