A delicious pasta casserole, very attractive too. You can easily half it for a smaller family dinner.
Creamy Baked Pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans 15 oz. each tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups macaroni or other small pasta
- 1 package 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, combine beef and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until browned. Drain fat.
- Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta and drain. Spread in the bottom of a 4 quart casserole. Top with the meat sauce.
- In a medium bowl mix the cream cheese and sour cream or yogurt. Blend until smooth. Stir in green onions. Layer over the meat sauce. Top all with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 to 40 minutes, until casserole is heated through. Makes 8 servings.