Another of my favorites – a hearty Italian classic. I like it with pasta of course! If tomatoes are not in season, I use a 19 ounce can of tomatoes, drained, in place of fresh tomatoes.
- 2 pounds chicken parts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 3 to matoes peeled and chopped
- 1 can 5 1/2 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Coat chicken parts with flour. Heat oil in a large pan and cook the chicken until golden brown all over - about 10 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, green pepper and mushrooms and cook for 3 more minutes. Drain excess fat from the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is tender. Remove bay leaf and serve.