Always adventurous in trying new recipes, I made this for the first time when my cousin Gayle and her husband Mike came over for dinner. It was really tasty – we had it with couscous but you could serve with rice too. If you grow cherry tomatoes in your garden, like I do, you will be glad to have some different ways to use them.
Chicken With Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 - 6 chicken breasts skinned and boned
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 pound snow peas trimmed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Cut the chicken into bite sized cubes. Toss with flour to coat the chicken cubes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the chicken to the pan, then the salt, pepper and rosemary. Cook and stir chicken until cooked through - about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Add the vinegar and wine to the pan and heat and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen any chicken bits. Return the chicken to the pan and heat and stir until the sauce is thickened, and chicken is hot. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan and cook the snow peas for 1 minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for about another minute until heated through. Add to the chicken mixture and serve. Makes 4 to 6 servings.