Chicken breasts cooked with a delicious “dressing” of sweet potatoes, mushrooms and onions – makes a very tasty meal.
Chicken With Sweet Potato Dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups peeled cubed sweet potato
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, wide saucepan and brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add onion, sweet potato, mushrooms and sage to the pan. Cook and stir about 5 minutes until the onion is softenend. Add up to 1/4 cup of water if required to keep from sticking.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in stock, vinegar and mustard, and bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until chicken and sweet potatoes are cooked.