A nice Italian style chicken recipe (with a German name!) – anything with Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs gets my vote. I like it with a simple pasta and tomato sauce along side.
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 chicken breasts skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and spices together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and water together. Dip one piece of chicken in the egg and then in the bread crumb mixture to coat on both sides. Remove to a plate. Continue with all the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter and oil together in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add chicken in a single layer. Do in batches if it will not all fit in your pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove to a serving platter.