This was my Mom’s favorite rhubarb dessert. She always used to ask me to make it for her – I enjoyed baking pies more than she did.
Sour Cream Rhubarb Crumb Pie
- Pastry for a single crust 10 inch pie
- 4 cups cubed rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- Roll out the pie crust and line a 10 inch or 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Trim even with the edge of the pie plate.
- Arrange rhubarb in the pie shell.
- Mix together the sugar, flour and sour cream. Pour mixture over the rhubarb.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and brown sugar. Stir in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the rhubarb.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.