A delicious comfort dessert. You can also use frozen fruit – thaw it before using.
Rhubarb Strawberry Cobbler
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 cups coarsely chopped fresh rhubarb
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add rhubarb and strawberries and toss to coat.
- Spread in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas.
- With a fork, stir in the buttermilk to form a soft dough.
- Drop dough by tablespoon over the hot filling. Make 12 mounds.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for about 25 minutes, until topping is golden brown and has risen.