This is great lasagna, my favourite! I often add mushrooms too, when I am simmering the sauce. I like fresh lasagna noodles – you can use them in this recipe without cooking. Microwaving keeps it nice and moist, not dried out. But if you want to bake it instead, bake for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can 13 oz. tomato paste
- 1 can 19 oz. stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 package lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, combine beef, onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat is browned, and vegetables softened. Drain fat.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, salt and pepper, bay leaf, parsley, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish layer 1/3 of the meat sauce. Top with 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 of the cottage cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and end with the remaining meat sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave for 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.