Meatballs with “something extra”. The rice pops up during cooking so the meatballs look like little porcupines! Kids will love them. Serve with rice.
Ground Beef Porcupines
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- Mix ground beef, rice, 1/2 cup water, onion, and seasonings together. Scoop out rounded tablespoonfuls and form into meatballs.
- Arrange meatballs in a single layer in an 8 inch square baking dish. Stir together the tomato sauce, water and Worchestershire sauce. Pour over the meatballs.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes. Makes 4 to 6 servings.