Very yummy – kids love these. Also great for potluck meals. Serve over rice. I usually add some Worchestershire sauce to the sweet and sour sauce.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Mix all ingredients together and form into meatballs.
- Arrange in a single row in a baking dish. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and drain fat from the dish.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour over baked meatballs. Cover and return to the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Makes 6 servings.