Braised Garlic Short Ribs
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 - 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 can 19 oz. tomatoes
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 2 onions sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried chilies
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Cut ribs into 2 inch pieces. Add 3 or 4 pieces at a time and cook until browned on all sides. Remove to a plate when they are done, and continue until all meat is browned.
- In a large casserole dish mix the remaining ingredients. Break up the tomatoes if whole. Submerge the ribs in the mixture and cover.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until the meat is fork tender. Turn the ribs at least once during cooking and stir occasionally. Makes 4 servings.
Another good recipe for an inexpensive cut of meat. Ribs have to cook for a long time, but then they are really tender, and this sauce is delicious.