I sometimes have an opened jar of salsa in the fridge that I want to use up because it doesn’t keep indefinitely. This meatloaf is one good way to use it. Use mild or spicy salsa according to your preference (or what you have left over in your fridge!).
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- Combine all ingredients except barbecue sauce in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pat mixture into a 9" x 5" loaf pan. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and drain off excess fat. Spread barbecue sauce over top of meatloaf and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.