A tasty and low-fat (use 1% cottage cheese) meatless pasta meal. Make it fancy with bow-tie or corkscrew pasta. I also like to make it with 1 cup feta cheese and 1 cup cottage cheese, in place of all cottage cheese. For a larger crowd it is also a nice side dish.
- 4 cups small pasta
- 1 package 10 oz spinach
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup boiling chicken broth
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Wash spinach and drain well. Cook in a pot with the water clinging to the leaves, just until tender and wilted. Drain and squeeze out any remaining water. Chop.
- Combine in a large bowl with the cottage cheese, yogurt, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, salt, tabasco sauce, basil and thyme. Stir in the pasta. Place in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Melt butter. Stir in flour. Slowly pour in boiling broth while stirring. Pour sauce over the pasta. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 to 35 minutes. Makes 4 servings.