This is very different and delicious, kind of a Moroccan chili. And it’s also very quick and easy. Serve it with bread or rolls, or over rice.
Ground Beef Picadillo
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 1 can 28 oz tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/3 cup pimiento stuffed olives sliced
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef. Add the onion and cook until it is soft. Drain off the fat.
- Add the tomatoes, including juice. Break up the tomatoes if whole. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Makes 4 servings.