A quick and easy casserole – very tasty and attractive too, with all the colorful layers!
Beef and Noodle Casserole
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 package 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread cooked noodles in the bottom of a medium casserole dish (2 quart).
- In a frying pan brown ground beef and garlic. Drain and discard fat.
- Add tomato sauce to the meat, heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour meat mixture over the noodles in casserole dish. In a small bowl combine the cream cheese with the sour cream and mix until smooth. Stir in green onions. Spread over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top of the cream cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes. (About 4 servings.)