For classic comfort food, macaroni and cheese has to come out on top.
Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta and drain.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, then gradually stir in the milk. Heat and stir until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream, onion, celery, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, and the pasta.
- Put the mixture in a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes. Makes 4 servings.