Keep Italian flatbreads or baked pizza crusts on hand in the freezer for quick meals. You could also use Italian sausage meat or ground chicken or turkey instead of ground beef.
Ground Beef Pizza
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 can 7 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green or red pepper
- 12 inch baked bread crust
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small frying pan brown the ground beef and garlic. Drain any fat from the pan.
- Add the tomato sauce and seasonings. Slice the onion and separate into rounds. Slice pepper into strips. Stir onion and pepper into the beef mixture.
- Spread beef mixture over the crust. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over. Bake at 475 degrees F. for 10 to 15 minutes. Makes 3 to 4 servings.