This is a quick and easy dessert that will look like you went to a lot of trouble, and it tastes great.
Easy Apple Dumplings
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup lemon-lime soft drink
- Peel and core apples, and cut into quarters.
- Open crescent roll tube, and separate dough into the 8 pieces.
- Place one apple quarter on one piece of dough, and wrap dough around apple, so that it is completely covered (stretch dough slightly if required) and press edges to seal apple in.
- Repeat with remaining apple pieces and dough, and place dumplings in a baking dish (about 8 inch square dish is good).
- Melt butter and stir in white and brown sugars and cinnamon. Pour over dumplings.
- Pour soft drink around dumplings.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.