One day when I was scrolling through Facebook, I saw a question, in one of the Instant Pot groups I was following, about whether they could use coffee creamer in place of the cream called for in a recipe for rice pudding. This got me thinking about a container of Baileys Mudslide creamer sitting in my fridge, which got me thinking…. chocolate. So this is what happened.
Instant Pot Chocolate Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup milk dairy or non-dairy
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice unrinsed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coffee creamer dairy or non-dairy
- Add milk, water, maple syrup, cocoa and salt to inner liner of Instant Pot. Whisk to combine smoothly.
- Add rice. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the pressure release valve to Sealing.
- Push the Pressure Cook (or Manual) button and set the cook time for 6 minutes at high pressure.
- When the Instant Pot beeps that it is done, leave it for 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release (NPR). After 15 minutes, if the pot is still pressurized, turn the pressure release valve to Venting to release any remaining pressure and open the lid.
- Stir in vanilla and creamer. Put in the fridge to chill. It will thicken up more as it cools.