A cobbler is a comfort dessert that goes way back. You can use any fruit or combination of fruits depending on your taste or what’s in season. I like it with a little ice cream on top.
Peach Raspberry Cobbler
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Few grains salt
- 3 cups sliced peaches
- 1 package 10 oz. frozen raspberries, thawed
- Additional white sugar
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg, sour cream and melted butter. Stir into the flour mixture and blend well. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the peaches and raspberries.
- Cook and stir until the mixture thickens. Pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Drop dumpling dough from a tablespoon into the hot fruit mixture, making 6 even mounds.
- Sprinkle dough with a little additional sugar. Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 30 minutes, until dumplings are done. Serve warm.