This is a nice light dessert. It separates during baking into a souffle like topping with the lemon sauce underneath. Very tasty!
Lemon Pudding Cake
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs separated
- In a medium mixing bowl combine sugar, flour and salt. Stir in lemon juice and rind, butter and milk.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and pale, and add to the lemon mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry, and fold into the lemon mixture.
- Pour into a buttered 6 cup casserole. Place in a larger pan. Pour hot water to about 1 inch deep in the larger pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 40 minutes, until the topping is set and golden. Serve warm.